Artillery shells rained down on a Ukrainian city close to Europe’s biggest nuclear plant overnight and Russian missiles hit targets near Odesa, a Ukrainian Black Sea port and a grain export hub, as the war headed for its six-month milestone.
* Russia said its Kalibr missiles had destroyed an ammunition depot containing missiles for a U.S.-made HIMARS rocket in Ukraine’s southeastern Odesa region, while Kyiv said a granary had been hit.
* Dnipropetrovsk governor Valentyn Reznichenko wrote on Telegram that the city of Nikopol, which lies across the Dnipro river from the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, was shelled on five different occasions overnight. He said 25 artillery shells hit the city, causing a large fire at industrial premises and cutting power to 3,000 inhabitants.
* The southern Ukrainian city of Mykolaiv was hit with multiple S-300 missiles early on Sunday, regional governor Vitaliy Kim said on Telegram.
* Russia has deployed hypersonic Kinzhal (Dagger) missiles three times over the course of what Moscow calls a “special military operation” in Ukraine, Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said.
* Reuters could not independently confirm the battlefield reports.
CAR BOMB DEATH
* The daughter of an ultra-nationalist Russian ideologue who advocates Russia absorbing Ukraine was killed in a suspected car bomb attack outside Moscow on Saturday evening, Russian state investigators said.
* The leaders of Britain, the United States, France and Germany stressed during a joint call the importance of ensuring the safety of nuclear sites in Ukraine, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s office said.
* Four more ships carrying food have left Ukraine’s ports, Turkey’s Defence Ministry said, bringing the total number of vessels to leave Ukraine’s Black Sea ports under a U.N.-brokered grain export deal to 31.
* Albania said it was investigating why two Russians and a Ukrainian had tried to enter a military factory.
from ARY NEWS https://ift.tt/GWTsdve