Man’s seizure turned out to be tapeworm in his brain

In a scenario ripped straight out of your nightmares, doctors discovered a man who had tapeworms burrowed into his brain after ingesting feces-contaminated food years before.  A case study published in The New England Journal of Medicine said the 38-year-old patient from Massachusetts was disoriented, held an involuntary upward gaze and could not respond to commands. Doctors at Massachusetts General Hospital conducted various exams to locate … Continue reading Man’s seizure turned out to be tapeworm in his brain